TAC is versed in the needs of individuals and families, including veterans, who experience homelessness, and in the planning, design, financing, and administration of programs to effectively prevent and end homelessness.
TAC's specific expertise includes:
- Assisting with design, financing, and implementation of comprehensive sustainable strategies to expand permanent supportive housing, rapid re-housing, and homelessness prevention programs and initiatives.
- Facilitating partnerships between providers, government agencies, and other stakeholders to leverage mainstream affordable housing and service resources to address homelessness.
- Providing expert consultation and research on best practice strategies to prevent and end homelessness among people who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness, including chronically homeless individuals, people with disabilities, very low-income families, and veterans.
- Helping homeless Continuums of Care and providers understand and respond to critical federal policy and funding changes.
- Developing and delivering training, including web-based distance learning, tailored to the unique needs of state and local systems and the priority homeless populations they serve.